Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
MSK and prostate plus bladder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

MSK and prostate plus bladder pain

I have MSK (living in Denmark)
Because of very heavy pain in the prostate and the bladder I was taken to hospital.
Urine and blood test showed nothing abnormal (no infection).
I was put on antibiotics in subspects for infection. I know it can be hard to prove infection in the prostate.
The urologist told me that in case of MSK and having infection in the kidneys itselves, infection can spread to the prostate.
Has any of you experienced the same thing?
Kind regards
Mogens
Actually my URO has ask me to research this more as well.  Honestly even
before I found so many articles about the stones holding infection,  my URO said it made complete sense to him since many men with calcifications in the prostate get infections
that they can not cure until the calcifications are gone.  Then also like the kidneys it is
difficult to get the antibiotic levels into the prostate high enough to treat it as well.

I see my doctor on Wednesday and plan to discuss this with him in more detail as well
as some treatment options and suggestions I have come up with and am researching!

I will keep you posted... as I have mentioned on this forum though this week my son
is coming home from Iraq to get married soon, so hang in there is I am a little slow in responding!

Shelly
Thank you.
For your information I had prostatitis (infection in the prostate) in 2006. In Denmark they tried to cure it with Ciprofloxacin, 500 mg x 2/day 3 weeks. Negative result.
At that time I was not diagnosed for MSK - and don`t know if I had it.
Than I came in contact with professor Federico Guercini in Rome. He had published an article about a new treatment for prostatitis. In short he injected antibiotic direct into the prostate. I was cured. To my very best knowledge, he has treated George W. Busch in the same way..
The problem with prostatitisis the same as for MSK - biofilm.

Kind regards
Mogens
Mogens,

Exactly the problem is biofilms and I am very excited about some doors opening in the area of research on it.

Could you PLEASE SEND ME ANY INFORMATION ON THE PROCEDURE YOU DISCUSS ABOVE, this was mine line of thinking also.  I would really appreciate an article on it if you have it, along with any contact info for that doctor,  if possible as soon as you can too!  I see my URO in 2 days.

Thanks,
Shelly

Hi .. sorry you had such pain -- I'm glad they gave you antibiotics w/o it showing up . Has happened to me many times ... they used to be hesitant but now they realize it sometimes takes months before it shows up and by then we've passed stones, are in pain, have been to the ER with blood, etc.

Keep us posted!

C~
The name of the paper published by Federico Guercini (and others) is called
"Echoguided drug infiltration in chronic prostatitis: results of a multi-centre study"

He also published on the internet a detailed article (to patients and doctors)
"Prostatitis 2000 Why not heal it?"
which you can Google.

Professor Federico Guercini,
Via Achimede 44,
00197, Rome, Italy.

Tel.: +39 068074354
Fax: +39 068070894
E-mail: ***@****

Kind regards
Mogens
I appreciate this an old thread but Mogens, how did you contact Federico to book yourself in for this treatment? i tried ringing but i don't speak Italian and they hang up!