Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Msk symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Msk symptoms

Hi all! So glad to have found this website, I thought I was alone in this battle. I am 22 and one year ago was FINALLY diagnosed with a right msk and a left pelvic kidney. Ever since I was 18 I knew I was having kidney stone pain. Tons of X-rays done and the drs told me no stones, yet the next day I passed a 6mm stone and have been passing small stones almost every other day. There are weeks that go by where everything feels good but there are also weeks and months where I have sharp pains in my kidney with msk. I thought I was crazy because drs have been telling me that pain is not a symptom of msk. I now see that I am not crazy and it is something that many with msk suffer with. Just wondering if anyone has felt heaviness or swelling in the location of the kidney with msk?  Also, I feel lightheaded at times and just plain tired - was wondering if anyone else experienced this before? I feel as if it is linked to my kidney issues.  One last thing, I experience extreme leg pain and I mean extreme. ESP if I am on my feet a lot during the day. Can anyone relate to leg pain and if so, do you know the cause?  Well I am glad to meet all of you and wish you all luck as we battle this disease!