Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Mulit/daily vitamins that are safe for those of us with MSK???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mulit/daily vitamins that are safe for those of us with MSK???

Hi there,
I just found out days ago that I have MSK and have since stopped taking any of the vitamins and stuff I was because I'm 27 and am already having some scary symptoms, which is what led to the diagnosis. I had coffee colored urine from blood being in it and have constant pain, was treated for a UTI to be safe, kidney stones being in there somewhere are still a possibility. After much reading about this condition I found that anyone with the disease should only be consuming Calcium through their diet and NOT take it directly in the form of vitamins, etc. there are a number of other things I was told to avoid as they may encourage stones to form, see http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/kidneystonediet/ eating right some days can be difficult and I don't want to develop problems like Anemia or something because I may not be eating right, trying to adjust and figure out a good routine to care for my new found abnormal kidney. Does anyone who's been living with this condition have any pointers on what I could safely take and where to find them? I appreciate any feed back. Also, would love to know of more MSK groups and such, learning everything I can about this would be ideal for me.