Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Need help... im scared!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Need help... im scared!

I am 28 and I got diagnosed last October!  I have passed what seems like a million stones since then, and in the last few months I have been dealing with so much pain sometimes it brings me to my knees!!  I do not know what to do right now since I am waiting for new insurance!  This pain is so over whelming to me sometimes, and I do not want to quit working for any reason!  My job is very important to me and I love it!  I absolutely hate not goin to work, but I am now at home when I am supposed to be at work right now!!  I can not do this!!  The pain is unreal!!  What do I do?
I am sitting here in my cubicle right now with a heating pad on my left kidney. I dont even know if heat helps but its something I can do at work. I know what you are dealing with it is not fun and very hard to keep up with. I have finally had it and I am going to call the doctor at Michigan that can help.
Welcome to our community and pls. know we are here for you anytime.  Hot hot bath soaks help a tad ... so sorry you are going thru this right now.  In our health pages there are many links we've put together on MSK and the pain, etc.

Keep us posted.

C~
MSK w/stones