Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
New to MSK forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

New to MSK forum

Hi, my name is Mary. I am 32, and the mother if 4 children. I was diagnosed with MSK about a year ago. All my life I had mysterious pain and now I finally have a diagnosis. Currently, I have over 80 stones. I have constant pain in my left kidney. Right now I am having an attack. I have severe stabbing pain from a stone where my urter meets my bladder on the left side. I have had the pain for  well over 2 days. I feel like I cannot empty my bladder fully. I am wondering if anyone had ever had a partial obstruction. If so, can this result in hydronephrosis? I am unsure weather I should just continue trying to pass the stone at home or go to the ER. I feel like they never do anything for me when I do go. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi and  Welcome .. Sorry for the delay responding.  I, too, wasn't feeling well.  How are you now?  Yes, obstruction can lead to hydronephrosis.  I'm battling some of those same symptoms right now.  I hope you passed the stone.  What did they do to help ease the pain/discomfort?

C~
MSK w/stones
Here's a great link to some info our members have put together in our health pages:  http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185
I hope u have passed that stone by now!  I am like u, 34 with msk but i was diagnosed 16 years ago.  If u hsve been trying to pass this stone for 2 days go to the er ask for a ct scan and drugs...  i just had lipotripsy done 6 days ago because of an obstruction on my left side.  You recover faster if you caught it early.
How are you doing now?  Hopefully you've passed all your fragments left from the litho?

C~
Hi, have been diagnosed with msk for 30 yrs, am currently in a lot of pain, doc gave 5 mg oxy, 1 every 6 hrs, phenergan 25mg....had ct scan done fri, said , and I quote"you have a ton of stones in each kidney, but none active, so you shouldn't be in pain".....why do I hurt so bad, don't know what to do am miserable...any idea>>
So sorry to hear you got that type of response.  Not to differ with the doctor, but from personal experience and so many other MSK'ers we FEEL PAIN even when they are "just" in the kidney :-(

There's a great article in the health pages about No Stone Why does it Hurt?
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=185

WELCOME~!