Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Not quite understanding ....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm having surgery on Thursday for (yet another ) kidney stone. I was told I had msk a few years back. Now...it didn't seem to be a huge deal. They never called it a "disease". Just told me that's what was causing my kidney stones. Haven't thought a whole lot about it until now. I couldn't quite understand why my urologist kept saying "I can't believe you have such a high threshold for pain". I'm not in any pain really. Discomfort every once in awhile but never uncontrollable unless there's a kidney stone moving along or kidney infection.  So I'm finding it strange. I'm wondering if I should be waiting for the other shoe to drop.....
I'm a little nervous for Thursday, of course, since I'm worried they're going to put a stent in and ...ugh.....I HATE THAT!!!! It's most uncomfortable.  So what am I destined for?? NOW I'm worried! I hope someone can give me more insight on this than my doctor did. I guess it wasn't a very big deal to her. There's been no talk of any kind of treatment ..... haven't had bloodwork or anything done in about 2years. Just wondering what has happened with everybody else?  How and when were u diagnosed?  What were ur symptoms??