Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Recently Diagnosed with MSK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Recently Diagnosed with MSK

I was just diagnosed with MSK 2days ago... My doctor didn't seem very knowledgable about this disease-seeming that she had the same print out that I found on the net & she still couldn't really explain much about it.

Well - I have never passed a stone {at least not to my knowledge}, however I have had a few UTI's ... But Im in so much pain. Its painful {especially to my stomach, flank, and mid & lower back} when I walk, sit, stand, or sometimes breathe.

I'm in pain ... I'm scared ... and I'm feeling alone!!
Hey, you don't have to feel alone! I found out just back in Feb of this year that I have MSK! I too suffer with pain, pings and pangs mostly. I cramp and my back hurts a lot.
Try to stay possitive. Its not easy I know. I don't feel like doing much of anything any more and I use to be so active.
Go to You Tube and type in Medullary Sponge Kidney and there are a few ladies on there that can maybe lead you in the right direction. There are also lots of people on here that can help too.
Hang in there.
Diddy