Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Results of 24hr urine ... I called

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Results of 24hr urine ... I called

my uro's office and requested I be informed of the results of my repeat urine study via phone .. with gas prices and parking/tolls to get into NY City it seems a bit much to pay $75 to be told all is normal and continue what I'm doing .. esp. since I'm stone free right now and feeling well!

The nurse totally agreed and said he'd call me soon to discuss the results and/or request I make that followup appt.  I offered to pay a co-pay for tel. time .. his time is important, too, but to pay all the $ and loss of time to travel in for a followup appt from a mere 6 weeks ago seems like alot if all the results are normal like the last time.

I'll keep you posted,

Cheryl
Hope they continue to be good results!

Shelly
More tomorrow ..... a few were borderline high .... but he spent lots of time on the phone with me w/o coming in ................he recommended a B6 Magnesium supplement and said my former problems with the B6 making me jittery was from the brand name inert ingredients, etc. and to buy a specific brand he recommended at the health store, etc.

I have a few mins now ....

I was borderline high end of normal on:

Oxalates  45 (borderline he said)
Calcium 194 (over 200 high)

And guess what I produce!  Yep Calcium Oxalate stones!  So no real suprise here I guess ?  Except last test all were normal and this time creeping upwards.

Then he said my urine output was 1/2 of what it should be .. I need to drink more .. well I hate water but better starting liking it I guess as iced tea is high in oxalates and so are the fruit juices so really no choice and the flavored waters give me little sores on my tongue .... so water water water and more water bcz just the low level alone of intake can cause stones by dehydration, etc. UGH.

Sooooooooooooooooooo that is the story ......  I don't eat many oxalates as he read the list and I don't eat too much calcium ..........just one of those things and I can correct the intake am't of fluid but reluctant to do so but have to do so .. so I will I guess.

The otc supplement is called Beelith two times a day (magnesium + B6)

How are you feeling?

Cheryl