Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Sick of the NHS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Sick of the NHS

Dear me it's been some time since I have last been here... I hope all you Kidney Beans are coping!
Iv had a terrible year that started last July when I got Sepsis and ended up staying in hosp for 12days.

During this time my hubbie started to get groin and side pain, drs and consultants were useless saying he had pulled a muscle and made him have physio! Then it was a hernia, then it was a back specialist. It was only 3 months ago that a&e found he had a 1.5cm kidney stone resting on the top of his pipe! Can you believe this!
Stent went in and lytto was started! He aparently have very narrow pipes and has a very small stent. Stent was removed and the bits left blocked his pipe! Stent goes back in and they popped a hole in his pipe ( should repair itself). He is now on his fifth lytho before they will decide to do the basket as the stone is only going slowly!

He has not worked since November as due to his pipe being narrow this stent is causing horrible pain...

It has been a very stressful year with hubbie in agony and all the mess ups from the nhs! We have just had an awful year! To put the cherry on the cake my MSK kicked off last Tuesday when I was rushed to theatre with a 12mm stone stuck in my pipe!!!!! WT!!! I too am nursing a stent! What are the chances of husband & wife both having a kidney stone and stent in the same kidney.... Now that's got to be love??? Ha ha at least I have my sense if humour!

I feel better for venting and may be with odds like that I should get a euro ticket!!

Love to all xxx

OH MY .. not sure what to say as I read your post and so sorry this is going on with both YOU and YOUR husband!  To read your update, makes me feel your pain.  Am so glad you stopped by with an update.  Please stay around and help others as well as get the support you may need right now.

C~