Vit D & MSK (kidney) .. Is yours low?
If you have MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney) or other kidney disorders, do you have low Vit D?

5
1. Yes

0
2. No

5
3. Don't Know

0
4. Other
i have no idea if i have low vit d but i am going to ask my uro to test it when i see him on the 18th of FEB it seems like a pattern for those who suffer from MSK and if it will help i am willing to try it thank you so much everyone for this wonderful info i am so glad i found this wonderful sight you are all the best angels anyone could ever ask for i wished on a star and it came true i found all of you hey that rhymes cool
thanks again
Stephanie
Hi.  Yes!  As I recall, it was a Nephrologist who first ran the Vit D blood test.  She said that this is not Vit D exactly like is in milk but is actually referred to as Vitamin D2.  If I remember correctly, she told me that it would be referred that any renal patient be on the higher end of "normal" which would be around 50.  The range is 30-50.  Mine came back at 4!  I was prescribed the 50,000 units three times a week for a year.  The Nephrologist also informed me that this test is only recently being conducted and that most general practitioners are not really doing it yet.

Hope you find that helpful.

Colleen