Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
Vit D & MSK (kidney) .. Is yours low?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vit D & MSK (kidney) .. Is yours low?

If you have MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney) or other kidney disorders, do you have low Vit D?

50%
 (5) 
Yes
0%
 (0) 
No
50%
 (5) 
Don't Know
0%
 (0) 
Other
10 Members voted
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
707438_tn?1240963240
i have no idea if i have low vit d but i am going to ask my uro to test it when i see him on the 18th of FEB it seems like a pattern for those who suffer from MSK and if it will help i am willing to try it thank you so much everyone for this wonderful info i am so glad i found this wonderful sight you are all the best angels anyone could ever ask for i wished on a star and it came true i found all of you hey that rhymes cool
thanks again
Stephanie
Blank
684133_tn?1289595185
Hi.  Yes!  As I recall, it was a Nephrologist who first ran the Vit D blood test.  She said that this is not Vit D exactly like is in milk but is actually referred to as Vitamin D2.  If I remember correctly, she told me that it would be referred that any renal patient be on the higher end of "normal" which would be around 50.  The range is 30-50.  Mine came back at 4!  I was prescribed the 50,000 units three times a week for a year.  The Nephrologist also informed me that this test is only recently being conducted and that most general practitioners are not really doing it yet.

Hope you find that helpful.

Colleen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703