Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
blood in urine - no stones
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blood in urine - no stones

I've been seeing blood in my urine anytime I get even the slightest bit dehydrated.  I know there is blood in my urine all the time but I don't think I should be able to see it.  The urologist doesn't seem to be worried but I can't help but be upset when I see blood.  Does anyone else have this problem without stones?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Time to get another urologist- one who cares about his/her patients.  A variety of things can cause blood in urine aside from stones.  May be even more then this list, but here's some causes I found/or already knew about: infection, diabetes, trauma, hypertension, cancer- kidney, bladder; interstitial cystitis (I.C.), endometriosis in the urinary tract.  
Blank
1636492_tn?1300417097
you need 2 do urin analysis fo dysmorphic RBCS what about renal function test? please give me more information you get in lab
Blank
I have had all the lab work done from my urine.  I have no infection.  He did the camera in the bladder thing and found nothing.  I've had CT scans and sonograms.  I'm pretty sure they've done a pretty good job of investigating.  I'm still concerned about seeing blood and was wondering if that was common with MSK.
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Did they do cystoscopy w/hydrodistention, which is what they do to diagnose IC?  Endometriosis can be microscopic, invisible to the naked eye & sonograms and CT scans would not pick up on it.  
Blank
489228_tn?1291535054
Christine, I had the same problem since I have both IC and MSK. Both can cause unexplained blood in the urine BUT you know your body,. We can have infection even when it does not show on any test.  For me the blood is the only way we can actually see I am in infection, now i know by the pain and symptoms but because the infection is within the stones in the kidney, not enough bacteria sloughs off to be able to show on standard tests.

It can be very frustrating when you know something isn't right for you and no one seems to listen... are you having pain etc,?

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...