Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
dr said "lots and lots" of stones in both kidneys

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Im brand new, so i am not sure on anything. 10 years ago i passed a stone while i was travelling cross country. It was rather large,i think, about the size of two grains of rice which formed a sideways t. Since then i have added four more kids to our family. During each pregnancy the drs did blood counts and my kidney functions were always off majorly. But they always said i just needed to drink more water. Now all i drink is water and i drink ALOT. My hubby was always annoyed since he knew i drank a ton of water. About four yeats ago my back started hurting, often and severely, i assocoated it with a sore muscle.... however the dr always rx'd pt which never helped. The pain is always in my left above my hip.  Now i spent last night dealing with passing a stone, peeing blod and the er gave me some strainers. The ct scan showed lots and lots of stones in both my kidneys. He wanted to admit me, however i do have 6small kids at home and i run a business, he reluctantly agreed to give me pain management and macrobid for my upper kidney infection, which is why my back always hurts. He said its probably why i have had back pain....... soo if i have had a kidney infection for four years an dnow tons of stones what should i expect when i see the urologist in a few days?
Tags: multiple stones, Woman, 32 years, Back pain, Kidney infection, ct scan
I have been dealing with bad back pain and msk for over a year now. I saw a urologist who did surgery to remove stones and put a stent in my kidneys to drain all of the urine inside both kidneys blocked by stones. my urologist didnt have answers for msk. a nephrologist will work better with your msk... in my experience. best of luck.
Hi and WELCOME .. sorry for the delay in answering.  I just saw your post today  How are you doing now?  Please, do stop by with an update!

C~