dr said "lots and lots" of stones in both kidneys
Im brand new, so i am not sure on anything. 10 years ago i passed a stone while i was travelling cross country. It was rather large,i think, about the size of two grains of rice which formed a sideways t. Since then i have added four more kids to our family. During each pregnancy the drs did blood counts and my kidney functions were always off majorly. But they always said i just needed to drink more water. Now all i drink is water and i drink ALOT. My hubby was always annoyed since he knew i drank a ton of water. About four yeats ago my back started hurting, often and severely, i assocoated it with a sore muscle.... however the dr always rx'd pt which never helped. The pain is always in my left above my hip.  Now i spent last night dealing with passing a stone, peeing blod and the er gave me some strainers. The ct scan showed lots and lots of stones in both my kidneys. He wanted to admit me, however i do have 6small kids at home and i run a business, he reluctantly agreed to give me pain management and macrobid for my upper kidney infection, which is why my back always hurts. He said its probably why i have had back pain....... soo if i have had a kidney infection for four years an dnow tons of stones what should i expect when i see the urologist in a few days?
I have been dealing with bad back pain and msk for over a year now. I saw a urologist who did surgery to remove stones and put a stent in my kidneys to drain all of the urine inside both kidneys blocked by stones. my urologist didnt have answers for msk. a nephrologist will work better with your msk... in my experience. best of luck.
Hi and WELCOME .. sorry for the delay in answering.  I just saw your post today  How are you doing now?  Please, do stop by with an update!

C~