more complex cysts
I havent posted in here for so long - lol. Im feeling a bit anxious about my latest kidney report. Ive had mskd for a few years now. 3 years ago i had a partial nephrectomy for 5cm renal cell carcinoma. i have quite a few cysts mainly simple ones that are 2cm, 2.8cms, 2.5 cms and now a 3.3cm complex cyst with hypoechoic focus and enhancement posteriorly, found through an utra sound. i also have atypical cells in my urine samples. Im waiting on my ct scan (round xmas time) to see what the complex cyst is. All he said to me was 'we need to check this properly to see what it is, and who was your surgeon in Auckland' (im in nz) I said whoa hang on lets not go there again - thats thinking too far ahead for me and he laughed. im so dumb i didnt think to ask him if he thinks my cancer is back. probably all he would have said anyway is lets decide when we see the scan. Has anyone here had this? had kidney cysts turn cancerous?? :-)
Hi tiki_turtle ..It's been a very long time, yet I remember posting as if it were only a few months ago.  I am so sorry to hear all that you have endured.  I wish I had some info for you, but I had atypical cells appear once and mine were inflammatory cells from the constant movement of kidney stones in my kidneys.

Please know we are here for you and please keep us posted.

Hoping you have answers soon .......

C~
Thanks chitchatnine i remember you  :-) He said the atypical cells could  be from the inflammation,or the bleeding,  and i have had alot of blood. I dont see him till 14th Jan. A friend i have met on fb (in nz) also has msk (first person here i have made contact with that has it. she said if u have another operation then you will at least be balanced (meaning scars on both sides) lol. anyone that has fb & msk please feel free to add me - i find these boards quite hard sometimes. sharon nielsen chappell (my photo is of my beautiful grand-daughter)