nephrocalcinosis?
I am already dx with msk to both kidneys and i went for a follow up today and my nephrologist is telling me i also have nephrocalcinosis. not really sure what it means in terms of msk and he was telling me that i had streaking of calcium somewhere in the kidneys ( didnt remember what part he said)...does anyone have this or know anything about it? also just wondering if most people with msk have this as well? i was told there were calcium deposits embedded in my kidneys but im not sure if they were actual stones or this nephrocalcinosis.
nephrocalcinosis is the calcifications we get deep in the kidney within the collecting ducts.
Basically the calcium builds up in the collecting ducts, it is not consider just stones since the stones are formed when the pieces of calcium break off from the nephrocalcinosis and form stones. I too was worried the first time I read this on a report but it is typical with us with MSK.  

Are you have chronic unexplained pain ?
yes, i do have chronic unexplained pain, they are doing a 24hr urine with litho link to see if im passing stones.