Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
nephrocalcinosis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nephrocalcinosis?

I am already dx with msk to both kidneys and i went for a follow up today and my nephrologist is telling me i also have nephrocalcinosis. not really sure what it means in terms of msk and he was telling me that i had streaking of calcium somewhere in the kidneys ( didnt remember what part he said)...does anyone have this or know anything about it? also just wondering if most people with msk have this as well? i was told there were calcium deposits embedded in my kidneys but im not sure if they were actual stones or this nephrocalcinosis.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
489228_tn?1291535054
nephrocalcinosis is the calcifications we get deep in the kidney within the collecting ducts.
Basically the calcium builds up in the collecting ducts, it is not consider just stones since the stones are formed when the pieces of calcium break off from the nephrocalcinosis and form stones. I too was worried the first time I read this on a report but it is typical with us with MSK.  

Are you have chronic unexplained pain ?
Blank
yes, i do have chronic unexplained pain, they are doing a 24hr urine with litho link to see if im passing stones.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...