Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

pain

I was diagnosed with msk about 4 years ago. In the past few month I have had pain in both kidneys that has progressively gotten worse. I see a nephrologist and he doesn't seem concerned and ally family dr does is give me high doses of pain medicine. I don't know why this pain is so bad. It seems to get worse through the day. I have had over 50 stones since I was diagnosed but all the research I see online is nothing like that. I am at a loss and feel as the medical field is failing me.
Hi and WELCOME,

So sorry you are going through this.  Here is a link to one of our health pages that a member has put together .. YOU are NOT Alone in this ... it's so hard when the docs don't understand what we go through.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Urology/Why-Does-it-Hurt-so-Much--yet-No-Stone/show/383?cid=185

C~