Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
stone and vaginal pain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stone and vaginal pain?

I have a 5mm kidney stone currently and have been expecting severe flank pain because I have had a stone in the past.  I have not really felt any flank pain yet but i have been having vaginal cramps.  I just had the CT scan a week ago and the stone was at the junction of the kidney and the ureter.  Is it possible that the stone has already moved into the bladder with no flank pain?  The last stone I had was 2mm and that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.  Since this stone is twice as large I have been anticipating horrible pain.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1269632_tn?1297114302
Hi there, I once passed a stone in my sleep. I was most surprised as I normally suffer excruciating pain. The body is a very funny thing...
Blank
489228_tn?1291535054
It all depends on whether or not the stone obstructs on the way out etc.  However a stone increase infection risk and it would be good to make sure you do not have a bladder infection!
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Yes, I have had similar pain :(
Blank
1668236_tn?1308160026
I have had several kidney stones in my life, and I often feel pain in my groin area. This is because the pain radiates down the ureter and urethra, which is right next to the vagina, so the urethral pain can often feel like it is coming from the vagina when it is really not. Also, I do not always get severe flank pain with a stone. Sometimes the pain feels more like a severe shooting "electric-shock" type pain down into my groin. Anyways, hope that helps you know that what you are experiencing is not unusual.

I hope you feel better soon!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank