Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
very overwhelmed right now

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

very overwhelmed right now

Hello all, it has been a while since I have been able to get on here, I have been having a real hard time the last few months and it doesnt seem like it it is going to get any better any time soon. With surgery after surgery, I don't know how to make my family to understand that I am unable to do the chores around the house right now, I have 3 children and I am so overwhelmed right now with trips to the hospital, and having to keep the house up and everything done. It is not only wearing on me physically but also mentally. I know that alot of you have to deal with the same thing, I just don't know how much longer I can deal with it. Thanks for listening just really dont have anyone to talk to that understands this situation.
Hello lovely,
Just wanted to say hello and let you know that you are NOT alone. I know it might feel like it at the moment but you are not. Everyone here understands. I keep on having complete breakdowns and strops at my lovely, caring boyfriend. I have to make myself explain my frustrations to him. We 'think' they don't want to know and can't cope but if we don't tell them there's no way they'll ever understand what we go through.
Is there anyway you can sit down and without having a go just explain that you are now needing more help?
I'm starting to ramble now, hope this has helped in some way.
Keep going, stay strong.
Beth x x
Thanks so much for your reply, gues I am just going to have to have a "meeting" and try to explain  things to my boyfriend and my kids. I hate it it feels like I put to much responsibility on them but at times I don't really have a choice.  I like you have many breakdowns, I feel worthless when I cant do the things that I am supposed to do as a mom, I stay afraid that my kids will resent me when they get older, so I push myself as far as I can which in turns is worse on me. Sorry to keep rambling, but agian thank you.

Jody
When I read your post, it reminded me so much of myself. I haven't been on here very much either, except to update my journal entries. Feel free to read them if you like - you and I have a lot in common. I have 3 children also and although my son doesn't live with me now, he did back in 2008 when I had 3 surgeries every friday for 3 weeks in a row. I know exactly how exhausting and frustrating it is.

I am once again dealing with back to back surgeries. I've now had 4 surgeries and 4 ER visits in the last 6 months. While our families are with us through all of it, they could NEVER fully understand what we are going through because they don't have to live with the symptoms and pain every day - at least not in the same sense that we do.

How old are your children? My oldest daughter is 13 and I have to rely heavily on her to help take care of my 5 year old. I can't even give her a bath anymore - I just can't bend over that long. It breaks my heart because she's had to grow up way too fast but I'm hoping she will at least take some valuable lessons from this. She's going to make a wonderful wife and mother someday.

The point I was trying to make is to see if you can get your children to help out some. Make it into a game if possible, set up a reward system. I have to do much of my delegating and sometimes play referee from bed, and the cleaning doesn't always get done to my specifications, but they do try and that's all that matters in the end.

Please know that you are not alone in this, and all we can do is take it one day at a time. I hope you find some relief very soon.

Best wishes,
Mary
It has got to be really hard .. so sorry this is happening for you now, especially around the holidays which heighten things w/o being ill...

We are here for you and post anytime .. somebody will be able to lend a hand to help and listen.

C~