Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community
when will I learn that ER trips are useless

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

After 3 days of ongoing punch me in both kidney and lower pelvic pain I went to the ER.  Only because the flow was getting weaker shall we say.  Usually I just dose myself with the Oxy, heating pads and gnaw at my pillow.  3 weeks ago the xray was clean not a stone in sight for the very first time!  Of course, the docs never believe, no blood in urine, blood test fine blah blah, and get this, what would you like us to do you've had a lot of CT, xrays lately Ms. ...?  This from a doctor, I'm juiced up on a crap load of high end cocktail HELLO?  Well how about an ultrasound then?  five hours later and many top ups and with me saying I'm leaving (seems like a few retirement homes are having a superbug breakout (sorry a little annoyance still, what pain will do).  they had my test results but didn't realize it.  A string of calci through the urthea downwards, multi stones both kidneys .5, . etc.. but really don't know why you hurt so much miss.  Like to see how they do with one stone much less many and many.  Did I mention that I had to remind them that I should give them a urine sample?  Sorry venting but 3 weeks ago I was clear and now multi stones in both, I knew I have been so nauseaous lately, feeling achy,  nails breaking all of a sudden, hair falling out and unexplained bruising.  Last 12 months have been lousy and have lost count of the amount of stones and sizes.  I'm 44 female, never touch process food, maybe meat once a month, never salt and that's been decades, water is my choice beverage.  Does anyone else feel like their kidneys are just plain tired?  
Hi, it's awful when we go to the ER and we either know more than they do about this condition and/or they look at you  as if we are seeking pain meds!

How are you now?  I just saw your post and hope things are improving. Do stop back with an update :)

C~
OMG I so know that feeling. I hv actually had them to ask me what is MSK! I'm like really dude, Get me some meds and google it on your own time. It's so frustrating bc they don't understand the pain that we are in.
So true!!!!!!!
I have actually had a dr in the Er ask me how to treat me....after I looked at him dumb struck for a few seconds I told him iv  fluids pain and nausea meds and ct to see if there are stones and blood and urine tests to look for infections. And then he goes what pain medicine? I couldn't believe I had to tell him what to do! Its so frustrating!