Memory Loss Community
16 and having strange mental blanks all the time?

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

I'm 16 and fairly healthy.

Sometimes during the day, at random times, I'll suddenly become disorientated, and become unable to form any clear thoughts. I'll look around and I just won't be able to think straight. It's like a complete mental blank. It feels like there's compression in my head during it.
I'll have to sit down and wait, and it will either disappear or I'll get a headache, which will fade as well after a while.

Could it be just sleep problems or something small, or a bigger issue? I don't want to see a professional if there's no reason to.
Has anyone observed you during one of these episodes?  I doubt sleep issues alone could cause something like this.  I would definitely see a regular doctor regarding this first.  It doesn't sound like something mental health would be able to help until some tests have been run to rule out a physical cause that is beyond the scope of psychiatry.
Hi louisaff,

I just finished reading your post. You say you become disoriented at random times during the day. You said you have to sit down and it
either disappears or you get a headache. This sounds like something
I experienced when I used to skip breakfast. I felt lightheaded and
disoriented as you say. I couldn't really think properly either. When
this happened, I realized how important breakfast really is. I'm not
saying this is what you are experiencing and why you're experiencing
it, but I thought I'd share this with you. Also if I don't drink enough
water, I sometimes get a headache. If I were you though, I would
make an appointment with your family doctor and tell your doctor
what you've been experiencing. Your doctor will no doubt ask you
questions and then you can go from there. Good luck, louisaff.
This is actually really helpful. I do have a problem with blood sugar, and if I miss breakfast or don't drink enough, I get cranky, emotional and it wouldnt surprise me if it caused me to have headaches.
I'm going to take your advice, and make sure to always be hydrated, fed and slept well and see how I go.  :)
I hav found this to become heathy
sleep
flax seeds
iodin
vitaminD
maintainaing  water level
maintaining  glucose level
strictly no outside foods,colord foods,chillies,hot foods,hot drinks
meditation
exercizes