Anomic aphasia and Geospatial orientation disability
I am a 42 year male but these issues have been with me since very beginning...(i) Anomic aphasia (can't remember names and words when I want to)... (ii) Geospatial orientation disability (cannot orientate on directions unless have a map)....I am wondering if there is an underlying phenomenon that may explain these...
Hi Aaakash and welcome to the forum.

Anomic aphasia seems to have a very strong neuronal inflammation origin,
as the majority aphasia types respond to TNF (tumour necrosis factor-a group of inflammatory chemicals) inhibitors. I have a suggested holistic approach to this.
As far as your geospatial orientation disability, I have to continue another time.
Hang in there and I'll reply soon again.
Cheers! gtg!
Niko

The geospatial orientation disability, may have to do with the function of the Hippocampus in relation to space. Theta wave activity (4-7 Hz) at the CA1 -just do a search  for Cornu Ammonis area 1 to see an image- , seems to be of interest as theta oscillations have been correlated to spatial navigation.
Any significant lesion in the EC (entorhinal cortex) -->CA1  pathway, may be the direct cause of impairment, affecting spacial cognition, among other fuctions. An MRI would indicate such a finding.
Long term stress is another factor, contributing to Hippocampus deterioration, being one of the most vulnerable parts of the brain.

I can't comment with much specificity, since there's very little detail to go by, however, if you wish to offer more information, perhaps I can come up with some more accurate analysis.
What happened before the onset of your symptoms, MRI results, other tests, medications, lifestyle, work and work environment, exercise and fitness, food habits, emotions, traumatic past events, etc.
Take care.
Niko

Thanks Niko
This in itself is awful information. I just cannot say that these symptoms had any past history of events. I believe I always had them. The only distinguishing history is that as per narrations, when I was born I was blue for a while and did not breathe, suggested reasoning was strangulation of neck by umblical cord...and the only post birth effect I till date have is serious level of bilateral sensori-neuronal hearing loss in both ears....don't know if these could be related to each other and to my two symptoms stated in this community post (inability to recall names/words and inability to orientate in a city without maps)...do you have any idea ?
Aakash
Aakash, of course this new information you posted, has a lot to do with
your condition.
First, while neck strangulation by umbilical cord, is a misleading expression, since the breathing is done through the umbilical cord itself, the proper expression in regards to any sustained oxygen and blood deprivation, would be " severe umbilical cord compression" to my opinion.
And this in itself could be the cause of some neuronal damage, possibly
resulting in some post birth cognitive impairment.

I mentioned in my previous post, that spatial navigation is linked to theta
brain wave oscillations.
Therefore any serious deficit connected to this process, such as  Bilateral Sensorineural Hearing loss,  could be a factor in your Geospatial orientation disability.
This type of hearing loss in your case, I suspect, is because of abnormalities in the main processing centre of the brain.

Unfortunately, there are no clear answers to shed more light, however, if I were you I would take a serious look into brain plasticity.

I have read "The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science" by Norman Doidge.
I recommend it, as a starting resource, for some valuable insight, that may  help make some difference in your life.

Take care.
Niko
Dear Niko
Many thanks for your responses. I have over the years never bothered so much to understand all this and never tried to put these pieces together. I would take your suggestion and see what I get to...
thanks once again...Aakash