Memory Loss Community
I just got this MRI result.. I can't understand it. Help please?
About This Community:

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I just got this MRI result.. I can't understand it. Help please?

History: Headache and memory loss, expressive aphasia. Examination: MRI of the head without contrast. Procedure: MR imaging was performed at high magnet field strength (3.0 Tesla). Sagittal short TR/short TE, axial long TR/long TE, axial FLAIR, axial diffusion and axial ADC map were obtained. Findings: There is no evidence of a restricted diffusion to suggest an acute infarction. There is no evidence of an acute intraparenchymal hemorrhage, abnormal subdural collection or obstructive hydrocephalus. There is minimal asymmetry of the lateral ventricles, left larger than right which may relate to anatomic variation. There are a few tiny foci of increased signal and FLAIR hyperintensity in the periventricular, deep and subcortical white matter of the frontoparietal region likely representing mild demyelinating disease versus mild advanced chronic ischemic change versus related to chronic migraine headaches versus post traumatic change. Please correlate with clinical parameters and appropriate followup. The visualized orbits are within normal limits. Flow voids are seen in the upper portions of both vertebral arteries, basilar artery and petrous and cavernous portions of both internal carotid arteries, consistent with patency of these arteries. Visualized paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cells are well aerated. Impression: 1. A few nonspecific foci of signal abnormality in the periventricular, deep and subcortical white matter of the frontoparietal regions. These may relate to mild demyelinating disease versus mild advanced chronic ischemic change versus mild post traumatic change or related to chronic migraine headaches. Please correlate with clinical parameters and appropriate followup. 2. No evidence of an acute infarction, acute intraparenchymal hemorrhage or abnormal subdural collection.
not being medical but have a neurological condition, I would hope that your MRI was ordered by a neurologist.  If not, please find one to get his opinion.  MS would be an example of a demyelinating disease.  Not knowing your age, I cant say anything about the ischemic changes.

Either way you need someone who will LOOK at the MRI not just READ the radiology report.  

Hope this helps.....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Memory Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank