Memory Loss Community
Memory Loss, Concentration Problems, Headache Still Two Years After Inj...
About This Community:

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Memory Loss, Concentration Problems, Headache Still Two Years After Injury

I am a 23 year old male who eats right works out and functioned normally before this accident.  So a little over two years ago I was playing football and got hit from the side (a whiplash kind of hit).  No loss of consciousness or any problems right away.  Got up and kept on playing.  So next day I remember waking up and everything just seemed fuzzy.  Not dizzy, but out of focus.  I would engage in a conversation with someone and just felt so light headed, almost as if I was going to faint.  So, time went by feeling this way (light head, fuzzy, trouble focusing) for a few days when I remember just getting the worst headaches of my life.  Could barely go to class.  Went to a doctor, got a CT scan…….everything looks normal.  Time went by, still seeing the neurologist trying to figure out the problem as to why I have such bad headaches.  Time goes on, no luck.  Headache pain decreases but now becomes a dull pressure centralized in my right temple.  Memory and concentration starts to get worse.  Time goes by no diagnosis.  Doctor advises a neurological test.  Results: Depression, ADD, Anxiety, and memory problems.  Doctor treats each of the first three conditions (anti-depressants, anxiety pills, concerta, all to no avail.)  So trail and error goes on while my symptoms get worse.  Start to notice my right eye is a little blurry (even though I have 20 20 vision).  I see an eye doctor, everything looks good.  I do have a rare eye disorder (pigmentary dispersion syndrome) however he said this would not be the cause of any of my symptoms.  MRI performed by neurologist with the result brain looks normal, probable mucus cyst or polyp right sinus.  Doctor says that’s normal.  Blood work done, b12 good.  Symptoms get worse.  I cannot focus at work I forget information I knew I learned have hand shakings neck jerking weird sensations in hands and hand weakness my right eye seems to be drooping slightly I am depressed always tired and have back pain.  Symptoms have just gotten worse and worse with no relief.  I know it is not depression or anxiety causing these symptoms as I have never felt this way until after the whiplash injury.  I have a great life and it is being consumed by this problem.  I feel as if the neurologist thinks im crazy seeing as the mri showed nothing.  I have always been pretty smart and I have a degree in engineering, which is a fairly difficult degree.  I used to get A’s in calculus 3 now I can barely do basic problems from calculus 1.  Has anyone had any kind of complications like this from a neck/head injury and been diagnosed?  I know I am not making these symptoms up and I try to ignore them, but they persist.  Also, I should mention when I was 15 I had a blow to my right temple where I lost consciousness for a split second but no further complications.  Any help would be appreciated as I am beginning to go crazy over these persisting symptoms.

Thanks,
Chris
585414_tn?1288944902
  It would be important to inform them that you had a sustained injury that impacted on your head and caused you to lose consciousness temporaril at the age of 15. Repeat traumatic brain injuries can increase the likelikyhood of neurological changes and sometimes the direct results arent always easy to pick up. However only a neurologist could provide an appropriate diagnosis and follow up but be sure to update them with your entire history as they may be able to have a better idea of what is happening and see if further tests might be of help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Memory Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank