Memory Loss Community
Seizure and acute memory loss

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Seizure and acute memory loss

Hello, I had a seizure about a month ago. i was found sitting on the side of my bed by my wife. she was gone for the weekend and when she got home i was out of it. i had slurred speech, dizze, shakey (shaky), could not answer questions and if i did the ansers were very weird.  i was in the hospital for i think 3 days. mri, ct scan were clear. eeg had a few blips but there was one test that hinted towards a seizure. i can not remember anything prior to that day, my writing is different, i get angry easy (which was not anyting like be before) is it common to have this much memory loss and personality changes from a seizure. i have trouble sleeping, spelling and doing higher level math. i can do my sons 4th grade math but had problems with word quesitons . i can not remember what my job entailed, i only remember working with numbers. people told me i was an accountant.  the doctors want me to take a neuro psyc test. has anyone had one of these before.
Hi pitpens2000 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your situation. It must be really frustrating to experience all these changes in your life without any warning.

The NPE (Neuro-Psychological Evaluation)as it's known, is a barrage of  various Neuropsychological tests in various areas like: Intellectual functioning, Language processing, Attention/ concentration, Verbal &Visual learning and memory, to mention some of them.

I must forewarn you. Be prepared for a possibly grueling experience.

It is likely that a grand mal seizure could cause significant memory loss.

Look into an underlying Magnesium deficiency (tissue and serum must be checked) and also an impaired glucose/energy supply to the brain , possible to improve with coconut oil supplementation. Let me know if you need details. This is very specific info, in order to correct such imbalances.

This is not a substitute for medical advice

Hope you get some answers from your NPE.

Best wishes!
Niko
thank you for your comments. i hope the test can help find what is going on