So confused
I'm 32 a female and the past few years have been a struggle. It started with my eye sight it would get so blurred and would last 5-10 minutes with no headache and after I would feel fine.unfortunately I believe it has now progressed. Now my sight will either go out or be blurred for about 10-20 minutes and then I get a horrible headache and have short term memory loss I'm confused and in a state of disorientation for 3-4 days with no memory of what's happened to me..I'm very worried my doctor did an MRI and an EEG both came out normal.. I don't have a trigger it just happens when it happens I've even woken up like this my neurologist is now sending me somewhere else because he's unsure what to do.. I refuse to take pain meds for this as I don't want to be seen as a drug seeker but I'm hoping maybe someone else out there might be going through the same thing and understand my pain... If anyone has an advise I would certainly appreciate it...
Hi Karstew,

Just finished reading your comments. I'm glad you're going to a neurologist.
I wish I could make a guess as to what this might be, but I can't offer any
suggestions as I've never heard of anything like this . It's a good thing
your neurologist is sending you somewhere else. Wish I could offer any
kind of suggestion, but your symptoms have me stumped. Good luck with
finding out what's going on. Eve
Hey Karstew, welcome to the forum.

A couple things that come to mind right away:

1. Magnesium deficiency (could be accompanied by vitamin D and/or B12 deficiency) Need serum and tissue testing for magnesium.

2. Thyroid imbalance-Hypothyroidism
Note:  Hypothyroidism can be present even when all of the thyroid blood tests are within the “normal" ranges.

These things don't show in MRIs or EEGs and Neuros are not likely to look there, as  they don't not fall into Neurology, even if the symptoms are considered neurological.

Message me for details if you need.

Cheers!
Niko