Memory Loss Community
slide memory loss
About This Community:

Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness. You may not be able to remember new events, recall one or more memories of the past, or both. . The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Memory Loss patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Memory Loss, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

slide memory loss

i am 30 yr old and my problem is that i forget that what i did in morning like did i drink tea or not, it take me time to remember that things. So may i know what is going on with me.i am healthy and don't have any kind of tension.
Blank
1530171_tn?1362547225
Night shift is definitely associated with  short term memory loss.
With night shift there's a disruption of your circardian  (inner biological) clock, which has to do with the regulation of  the rythms of a great number of biological activities in your body, and it  also causes too much GABA  release in the brain (GABA is a neurotransmitter) which  in turn causes  short term memory and learning impairment.
The number of hours (7) will not help correct this problem and to be honest with you, it will probably lead to other serious health implications.

If you have any way to avoid night shift work, you will be doing yourself a great favor. Sorry for the negative information, but at least you have an idea
of what it involves.
There are other possibilities, but this one stands out by far!

This is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes!
Niko
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5669694_tn?1372074010
Medication can cause issues with memory loss. Dehydration, stress, anxiety, lack of sleep can all affect your concentration and memory.
Blank
thank you for your quick response.
As you have mention that sleep can also affect, it is true that i work night shift most of the time so can u suggest how can i recover from that. And till now i don't have any stress, anxiety and i havent take any medication that effect my memory,i work at night but sleep at day time for 7 hrs is this a issue for memory loss.
hoping again for quick response.
thank you.
Blank
1530171_tn?1362547225
Night shift is definitely associated with  short term memory loss.
With night shift there's a disruption of your circardian  (inner biological) clock, which has to do with the regulation of  the rythms of a great number of biological activities in your body, and it  also causes too much GABA  release in the brain (GABA is a neurotransmitter) which  in turn causes  short term memory and learning impairment.
The number of hours (7) will not help correct this problem and to be honest with you, it will probably lead to other serious health implications.

If you have any way to avoid night shift work, you will be doing yourself a great favor. Sorry for the negative information, but at least you have an idea
of what it involves.
There are other possibilities, but this one stands out by far!

This is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes!
Niko
Blank
I work total 14 days in a month if i reduces it for 8 days in a month,i can reduces maximum to 8 days,is anything i can do it so that i wont quit my current job and don't lose my memory.Thank you for your suggestion.
Blank
1530171_tn?1362547225
Hi sachin1189.

There are a couple things you can do to help.
I will explain to you in another post as I'm going to work now.
It's a busy week for me , as I just returned from a trip and I'm playing catch-up!

Things should work out for you well, with some careful planning.

Take care!
Niko
Blank
Thank you Dr. Niko
i'll be in touch with you.
Blank
1530171_tn?1362547225
Reducing the number of night shifts will definitely help.
Can you try to have a fixed schedule, so your body can at least adjust to it?

On on the days you need to sleep, following the night shifts, make sure that it is very dark in the room you sleep with the door closed, as any light inhibits the production of melatonin. This is a very important hormone for the body to function well. Just do search to find out more details.

If your daytime sleep is not satisfactory, please consider meditation.
Should  you have difficultly to meditate, try conscious breathing for meditation or  do a YouTube search for meditation video clips.

Personally I have been meditating daily for years, for anything!
Health, better relationships, wealth, peace, joy, learning etc. all come easier when you quiet the mind through meditation.

Hope this helps.
Niko

PS. And by the way I am not a Medical Doctor!
Blank
Hello sir how r u doing?i have search something about melatonin,and searching for more,i also get headache sometimes.Thank you very much for your information.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Memory Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...