Menopause Expert Forum
25 year old, FSH ~10-12
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

25 year old, FSH ~10-12

Hello. I am a 25 year old who recently inquired about becoming an egg donor. At the time of my visit I was given a blood test on the 3rd day of my period and I was informed that my FSH level was too high to be an egg donor (approximately 11). I went to my OB/GYN and told her this information and had the FSH retested, again it was between 10-12 (I forget the exact number). My other hormone levels were normal and my thyroid hormones were also normal. I was told that I may have trouble conceiving if I waited to long to have children (my doctor gave me 2 reasons: premature ovarian failure or a pituitary tumor). I have been on birth control pills since I was 16, and then switched to Nuvaring when I was 22. Does Nuvaring have an effect on FSH levels?