Menopause Community
30 years Old. On HRT. Still Very Sick. PLEASE Help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Well, to start I was always healthy and in shape. When I was pregnant I ended up with Severe-preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Ever since then I have been in horrible health. I have gained over 100 lbs since 2006 despite good diet and exercise, and I just feel horrible everyday. It took 13 doctors to get one to finally check my hormones, the others just treated me bad and told me to diet and exercise.  I now have pages and pages of abnormal lab work but noone can tell me exactly what is wrong. Here are a few quick examples.  Oh.. all of this started when I was 26... I'm 30 now and still sick.

I have Vit B12, Vit D, Magnesium, Ferriten defeciencies.  
Was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at one appointment, then told the next appointment I don't have thyroid issue by the same doctor. Was told to stop going to McDonalds.............which I don't eat fast food anyway.

IGF-1   (growth hormone)    Low
Estrogen  Low
Progesterone  Low
Testosterone   Low
FSH        Low
Cortisol   Low and High.. results are varied even though done at same time of day.

Triglycerides   High
HLD    Low
Fatty Liver

There are so many other things but I just can't remember them all.  

Does anyone at all have these same problems?  What could be causing all of this?  I'm feeling so bad these days but none of my doctors can explain why or do anything to help me.  Doctor said she has never had anyone respond to hormone replacement like me and that she can't explain it.

I don't know what HELLP syndrome is, but your other symptoms sound very much like Cushing's syndrome.  It takes an ACTH test to confirm it and usually ultrasound of the adrenal glands.  Basically the adrenal gland is producing too much cortisol which leads to the weight gain, usually elevated alkaline phosphatase, often elevated glucose, and often elevated liver enzymes and very very often fatty liver.  It sounds like time to see an endocrinologist to me
Thanks. I have seen 3 Endos to test for Cushing's.  None of them did the ACTH test.  2 of them told me not to come back, that nothing is wrong with me.  One of them even yelled at me and told me that I just need to go home and be happy. But then she marked Pituitary Neoplasia on my paper.  She won't respond to my questions about that.  

The other made me stop taking my Hormone Replacement Therapy and told me I couldn't come back for help until I stopped taking that because he said the doctor that gave it to me was stupid and that I didn't need it, even though all of my hormones are way low.

I'm so tired of being dismissed and talked down to by doctors. I know something is wrong.