Menopause Community
52 year old with an inhomogenosu uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

52 year old with an inhomogenosu uterus

What does it mean when a vaginal utrasound states that I have an inhomogeneous uterus. The mymometrial texture is inhomogeneous. The endometrial echo complex is normal measuring 2.4mm. The left ovary measures 2.0x1.4x1.7cm and the right ovary measures 1.8x0.9x1.7cm. There is no free fluid in the cul-de-sac. IMPRESSON: Inhomogeneous uterus. I am 52 yrs old. My mother had uterine cancer. According to my blood work I am in menopause, yet my last period was in Sept with unusual heavy bleeding. Doc did a biopsy after she received these results, it will be 2 weeks before I get those results.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Inhomogeneous uterus means not completely uniform in nature. The thickened areas may be attributed to polyps, area of abnormal cells or other gynecological issues.Polyps are the most common cause of  irregular lining and may also cause bleeding problems. The biopsy would help rule out any of the abnormal cells in the picture. Take care and do keep us posted with the biopsy result.