Menopause Community
65 and still in perimenopause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

65 and still in perimenopause

I have set a record in my ob/gyn's office as being the oldest person who still hasn't gone thru menopause, age 65...my hormones are out of balance, an ablation of the uterus didn't help, I bleed every day.  I don't want to have a hysterectomy...anyone else share my aging dilemma?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Some women continue to experience bleeding after ablation because areas of the endometrium are burned unevenly, allowing some of the endometrial tissue to grow. But because of the scarring, there is no way of knowing if the bleeding is caused by the ablation or by endometrial hyperplasia, particularly if hyperplasia was diagnosed prior to the ablation. At that point hysterectomy is needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
onlychild1, all I can say is woweee, wow, wow!  I feel for you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...