Menopause Community
65 and still in perimenopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

65 and still in perimenopause

I have set a record in my ob/gyn's office as being the oldest person who still hasn't gone thru menopause, age 65...my hormones are out of balance, an ablation of the uterus didn't help, I bleed every day.  I don't want to have a hysterectomy...anyone else share my aging dilemma?
Some women continue to experience bleeding after ablation because areas of the endometrium are burned unevenly, allowing some of the endometrial tissue to grow. But because of the scarring, there is no way of knowing if the bleeding is caused by the ablation or by endometrial hyperplasia, particularly if hyperplasia was diagnosed prior to the ablation. At that point hysterectomy is needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

onlychild1, all I can say is woweee, wow, wow!  I feel for you.