Menopause Expert Forum
Aching All Over

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Aching All Over

I am 53, post-menopausel and I take low dose HRT, estradiol and prometrium.  Lately I have been experiencing achiness all over upon waking.  Once I'm up and around and have a cup of coffee it goes away and I feel just fine.  Could this be fibromyalgia?  It seems odd that I only experience it in the mornings.
Aches can mean a lot of things. While it can mean fibromyalgia, it could also be arthritis or other conditions. The good thing is that it goes away when you walk around. Next time you go in for an exam, talk with your doctor about it and he/she can check for it. In the meantime, consider taking a yoga class or other gentle limbering program which could be very helpful.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD