Menopause Expert Forum
Age 53, premenopause, missed period in July, had urethral sling surgery...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Age 53, premenopause, missed period in July, had urethral sling surgery, now with rectal bulge, and very scared.

Hot flashes for a few years, much more lately, anxiety due to premenopause, night sweats.  Now a small bulge that protrudes from the rectum while urinating without straining and with BM.  It retracts afterwards.  No pain, itching, bleeding or any discomfort.  Had a midurethral sling surgery 2 months ago with no complications or problems as of yet.  At my 6-week visit with urologist, she did not see anything and said it was not related to surgery. I first noticed the bulging about 4 weeks after the surgery.  Could it really be an internal hemorrhoid even though it protrudes during urination without straining? As I am careful not strain, as urologist told me to, as I'm still healing from that surgery.  I have my annual gyn appt. in September so will ask about this bulge then.  But I'm also so nervous about this that I'm trying to figure out what it is and get any info. I can to have ready for my appt.  Do you think this could be related to the surgery?  Uro. gave me stool softeners for 1 month after surgery to prevent any straining.  Should I keep taking such medicine because I don't really strain for bowels anyhow?  Could it be possible that this bulge will not be visible or palpable at the time of gyn visit, even if I tell her about it, no matter what it is.  Is there a way for me to be sure if its hemorrhoid or prolapse? Could it be related to menopause at all?