Almost constant clear discharge
Hi all, I have been lurking here for awhile but this is my first post.
I am 45 and believe I am in Perimenopause due to the many symptoms I am experiencing. ( I have an irrational fear of Drs so I haven't made an appointment yet but I WILL go as soon as I get up the nerve).
For the past month or so, I've been having a discharge- I actually don't even know if that is the correct description since it does not mess up my underpants. It started out as just a wet feeling all of the time, now, it is like ovulation mucus only when I wipe after urinating. I'm not sure if it could be BV because although it doesn't smell good, it isn't fishy.. And it's not clumpy like a yeast infection. There is a little irritation but hardly noticeable.
I've read a few threads here where some have said they had this too and it was a normal part of the change but I am scared and worried and need some gentle reassurance.
( I saw on another site where an Gyn suggested this could be a sign of vaginal atrophy and recommended using Rephresh gel which I have tried and it does seem to stop the discharge or the 3 days that it claims to)
Anyone else having this problem? What did you do to control it or is this something I will have to learn to live with until I get to the "dried up" stage?
HI,
Discharge can be due to various factors like hormonal changes, vaginal atrophy that is seen in post-menopausal women or because of infection. It can also be due to benign and malignant conditions of the cervix like cervical erosion, polyps or cancer. Hence it would be best to see your gynaecologist for an examination and Pap smear. Proper treatment can be done once a diagnosis is made.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.