Menopause Expert Forum
Are FSH always correct?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Are FSH always correct?

Hi,
I have had symptoms for 2 years, now 43, but I also have Hashimotos and Graves disease. took RAI 131 May 18. My periods were normal in the past, but for almost 2 years came early, like every 21 or 22 days, some were scant some heavy. Have the other symptoms too, night sweats, a little weight gain, muscle/joint aches/fatigue, thankfully the depression/anxiety has left ..they can also be thyroid I know, now it's been six weeks since a period, I feel like I have PMS, didn't think I was pregnant, but checked anyway, and it is negative. I had two FSH test  the last being April 07, and was told I was a long way from menopause. Could RAI have changed that fact? Also had normal OB check 5 months ago, I'm not miserable with this, and don't want to take anymore hormones, just my synthroid, but am curious if FSH is always correct, and can it change in a few months? My Grandmom stopped having periods at 38, my mom was in her 50's......I'm hoping that with the thyroid being so screwed up that I went through some menopausal symptoms w/o noticing alot.
Thanks for taking my question.