Menopause Community
BIO-IDENTICAL PELLET THERAPY & PROMETRIUM
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BIO-IDENTICAL PELLET THERAPY & PROMETRIUM

I have been on Sotto Pelle HRT pellets for several years and works like a charm, but have to travel far.  I found a local women's clinic that does a similar pellet implant so changed to them.  I do have my uterus and never had any problems in my menses life.  For the past 10 months I have have been bleeding throughout the month so NP tried to adjust my level of C-Progesterone and what days I take.  It's better, but very annoying as affects my love life. Mylocal women's clinic prescribed Prometrium 200 mg as they thought my compounded Progesterine was causing the problem.  My bleeding actually became worse after a month so they prescribed 400mg once per day as I was told that would "regulate" things.  I then started heavy, clotty bleeding and had horrible cramps on my period week.  They did a transvaginal ultrasound and found big fibroids and could see the bleeding.  I had a negative biopsy...thank God!  I have never thad this problem before the Prometrium.  Now I have to see the MD to discuss options.  I stopped the Prometrium for 10 days and MY BLEEDING STOPPED ENTIRELY so it has to be the Prometrium.  I know I need progesterone as still have my uterus but am I the only one that is seeing this happen?   I was told by Sott Pelle providers that a women minimally needs progesterone 14 days every third month.  Can someone tell me their experienct with this?  I have to work for 7 more years so cannot just sto the HRT as hot flashes were unbearable and happening every hour.  I could just have a hysterectomy, but why should I give in when I feel there's got to be a way to handle this with hormone regulation.