Menopause Community
Bleeding after 2 years
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding after 2 years

I am 48 and have had two children. My periods were always regular with no problems. About 2 yrs ago they began to go shorter each month, and heavier than normal, then stopped completely. At that time I had a pap smear done and everything was OK. About 6 months ago I had my first, what I thought, hot flash. I don't want to take HRT so bought OTC Estroven X-strength and began to take it. I've been taking it now for 5-6 mths. About 2 wks ago, I began to have sore breasts and then - BAM! Last week I began bleeding - again - like a normal period! Ugh, after almost 2 years of not!  What is going on? I don't smoke or drink.  Could this product have caused it or is there something else going on? I have put on like 20lbs and HATE IT!  I have been trying to get into a Women's Health clinic just to make sure there isn't something seriously going on. Scared to death!
Tags: Bleeding