Menopause Expert Forum
Bleeding after Menopause

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Bleeding after Menopause

I've been going thru menopause for the last 2yrs. Haven't had a period during that time. Noticed spotting (light pink and experiencing inconsistent red now and then) this past week. Also been experiencing lower back pain- all the pre-menstrual symptoms (onset). Is this a fluke?
I was taking Black Cohosh every day and have stopped for the last 6 mos. Also was told I have fibroids (3yrs ago) and that they should shrink as I go through the change. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Anyone out there experienced this?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
A. Your problem is very common.  Usually it isn
Hi I am a lady with a simalar problem as you i went through the menopause about 3 years ago  went a long time with out any bleeding then one day after moving some bricks a had a small bleed I told my gp and she said I must see a gynological dr I went and had a scan they found I had a cyct he wonted  me to go in to hospital for further tests but I did not wont that I had a slice taken of my utres and blood tests and I was re scaned 6weeks later and the cyct had gone but there was a bunch of fybroids the dr said he had not been able to take enough cells of my utres to test hesaid he would leave me on the understanding if i had a bleed iwas to go strate back 6months later i had a very small one after moveing a trailer but it went in 1hour easter monday after moveing my caravan ihad a bleed which has lasted 7days it feelt like a period acheing bust greasey hair iam bleeding mainley when i wipe my self i have been to see gp and she said i must have a scan and see gyne i am worried silly has any one had same i am 53
I have been in menopause for 2 and 1/2 years.  I've been on bioidentical hormones for a little over a year.  I have not had a period in 2 1/2 yrs.  Last Monday night i had a period just like the periods i have always had.  It lasted the exact same length of time my periods lasted and th eflow was exactly the same.  No cramping until the period started but not much, just like I picked up having periods where I left off.  No other symptoms have been noticed.  Tuesday morning I called my OB/GYN and he ordered a pelvic ultrasound and an endometrial biopsy.  I have never had any problems with my periods and I have had one child at the age of 19.  I am now 54.  the pelvic ultrasound was normal but with some thickening of the lining and I had the biopsy done this morning.  My DR has practiced for 30+ years so I think he's kind of old-fashioned but he had me very scared because he said NO bleeding is normal after menopause.  I have read a lot of things different from that....especially Dr. Diane Schwartzbein (sp).  She says it is perfectily normal to bleed after menopause especially if you're on hormone therapy.   Well, now I'm confused and scared that I have some kind of cancer.  The test results will come back in a week and I'm just afraid that my DR will want to do unnecessary stuff because he has done it to other older women that have bled after menopause.  I have talked ot several older women and they have all said they bleed aftr menopause.  What am I to do?  I am in an area that has very little in the way of advanced medicine and alternative medicine other than an endocrinologist that prescribes natural hormaones.  Help!