Menopause Expert Forum
Bleeding on hrt
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bleeding on hrt

My Gp has just given me hrt (Kliovance) which is a continuous form of hrt.(as I have not had a period for 6 months, and that was only one day) I have been suffering badly for the past 7 years with flooding, anaemia, awful night and day sweats hourly soaked, headaches etc etc, have tried every herbal remedy known to man even the magnet in the underwear to no avail so in desperation I went to my GP. I have been on the kliovance for 6 weeks, the first two weeks there was an instant lift of the daily headaches by the third week all trace of hot flushes and night sweats were gone and I was able to have the first decent nights sleep in many years. I thought at last I was going to feel happy but this past two weeks I have started to get awful stomach pains and have been bleeding constantly for the past 12 days, a constant loss, more than spotting but not as much as a 'normal ' period. I also feel bone weary tired and this is after having much better sleep now due to the lack of night sweats so I find it strange that I feel more tired now, also I am very uncomfortable with bloating and my breasts are enlarged and sore and uncomfortable. I went back to see my GP regarding all of this and she said that many women experience what I am experiencing in the first few weeks of hrt and to try to persevere for another month, which I am doing. What I want to know is the hrt ever going to make me feel really better or is it all a myth? Will this bleeding stop or will I have to endure if for (up to a year!!)  I hated the constant day and night sweats but now I am not sure if I have done the right thing by going onto hrt as I feel miserable as ever but for different reasons! I am scared to stop as I know the awful sweats will come back and no sleep again. Help!