Menopause Expert Forum
Can progesterone cream cause bleeding?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can progesterone cream cause bleeding?

I guess I am still perimenopausal.  My last period was in September.  My gyn started me on a progesterone cream for some abnormal hormone levels and to hopefully help with anxiety/depression.  I use it for 3 weeks, off for 1 week, then repeat it.  So far, I've just used it for this one cycle and restarted just today and today, I started bleeding.  Not sure if it is related to the cream or a period.  My gyn did say if bleeding started, to call her and she may have to adjust the dose or something like that.  Not sure if I should call her right away or not.  I'm thinking more of waiting a few more days, since the weekend is near, maybe calling on Monday if bleeding is still there.  Thanks.