Can something else cause sweating all the time?
I have hot flashes, SO I KNOW what those are. However, lately there are times when I will just start sweating profusely. I mean I can be standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes and the sweat will, literally, start running down the back of my legs and my face will be soaking wet. If I'm sitting, say in the car, when I get out, I will be totally soaked on my back, butt, and legs. Could this be something else besides just menopause??
Hi, Katyln--

I can empathize with you; that heavy sweating's not fun.

There are other conditions that can cause heavy sweating, including thyroid hormone problems, etc. but typically, there are other symptoms as well. But it's hard to tell what's due to peri-menopause and what's due to something else--the symptoms can vary a lot from woman to woman and also, what I'm finding lately is, my hot flashes seem to be changing in nature.

I'm 52, 53 in a few months and the hot flashes I've been having the past 5 years or so (off and on) seem to be a bit different than what I'm experiencing now (the past month or two.) I keep thinking maybe this is because menopause is getting closer---Haven't had a period for about 7 or 8 months (maybe longer if you don't count this light spotting I had last fall.)

Now when I run hot water to wash dishes, I often get a pretty severe hot flash and it's a more drippy in nature one. Same thing if I open a hot oven to check on something. Also, when I'm outside and it's sunny and a hot flash starts, it ends up to be a doozy. And for some reason, the hot flashes are getting bad between 5 and 7 in the morning. Wonder if our higher humidity here the past couple weeks is making a difference?    

Stay cool,
Yvette