Can't take hrt
I was on hrt forfor six years for hot flashes, at that time only bad symptom. I had to go off hrt because I developed endometrial hyperplasia and had to have a d&c. I weaned myself m off very slowly and now my hot flashes are back worse than before and other symptoms too. Completely lost libido, mood swings,just a terrible awful wreck. I'm driving myself crazy. My question is , is there anyone with the same problem or that can't take hrt and what do you do for the symptoms.
I was on HRT for about 1 1/2 years and had to stop because although I have no ovaries, I developed what they believe to be ovarian cysts caused by ovarian remnants left behind after surgery.  They think that the cysts may be caused by the estrogen plus I was stage 1A Ovarian Cancer, so, stop everything.  I also am not allowed to take the OTC HRT remedies because they contain soy that mimics estrogen.....sooooo, what do I do...cry alot, sweat alot, am nasty alot, cranky, itchy, you name it.  I take 800 ius of natural Vit E....I know that there is a lot of controversy about Vit E, but, it does help with the flashes some....I take an ativan at night before I go to sleep because it helps with the anxiety attacks that come along with the night sweats.

Some of the symptoms have gotten better with time, I have been off about a year....and I try alot to take a step back and gain contol of my emotions.

It just amazes that in the  year 2007, they still cannot come up with something that helps women thru menopause.

Good luck to you!!!!