Menopause Expert Forum
Clinical Breast Exam-Changes in Postmenopausal Woman
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Clinical Breast Exam-Changes in Postmenopausal Woman

Dear Doctor, I am 55 years old and 7 years since my last menstrual period.  I recently moved to Fla and just today saw a new OB-GYN for annual Pap and Breast Exam/Mammogram.  All was looking good UNTIL my CBE.  The Dr. reported that she felt "an increased density" in the left outer aspect of my left breast.  I asked specifically if this was a "lump" but she reiterated it was an "increase in density" different from the right side.  The usual "nothing to worry about", but now I have to go for the annual Mammogram, PLUS a Unilateral Mammogram and an Ultrasound.  Could you elaborate a little on this terminology "increase in density"? (I knew you could find this on mammography, but never heard it in relation to the clinical breast  exam...by the way I can't feel the difference). I'm already starting to worry, hence this question to you...so I don't think what you may have to offer will cause any additional concern on my part.  Thanks in advance.