Menopause Community
Clitoral Insensitivity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Clitoral Insensitivity

Hi.  I'm 58years old and going through menopause.  In the past little while my sexual desire has dropped significantly becuase I get no sensation in my clit.  My partner tries so hard to stimulate by it doesn't work.  Does not make me the most arousing partner.  I'm thankful that I'm experiencing no hot flashes and I still seem to lubricate well enough but I would like to get my mojo back.  I.m not very comfortable with vibrators, etc   Any suggestions?  Is there a type of lubricant that works better than aother?

Tags: Clitoris
What you are experiencing is very common during menopause. It has to due with the lowering of certain hormone levels. Speak with your OB/GYN as there are options out there that work. They sure did for me!

But it's also a good idea to have a thorough check up to rule out any problems. And menopause is NOT a problem. It is what it is. A normal life transition.

You said that you are still lubricating enough, so that's not an issue.There are all sorts of new, fun, and very interesting lubricants out there.....take your partner on a shopping spree at your local Sex Shop.....or go alone to pick up some surprise party supplies. And I really wish you'd give vibrators a chance. It's just another way to masturbate without the hand cramps hitting at exactly the wrong moment! LOL

My partner is great in the sack, but without my vibrator (Mr.Big) we'd never have mutual orgasms. Nothing wrong with taking turns, but "flying united" is way more fun.
I think you just need a wee tune up
Peace
Greenlydia
Thanks so much for your thoughtful response.  Can you share what worked for you?  
Sure. My OB/GYN gave me some testosterone! Ride 'em cowgirl