Menopause Community
Contractions with menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Contractions with menopause

I am 52 years old and I know I am menopausal.  I have a wisp of a period like every 6 months are so and it's only spotty at best.  My question is can you feel like you are having contractions?  Last weekend I was in spotting very lightly but I stayed in bed all weekend because I felt like I was having contractions. Scale pain was a 20.  I should have gone to the ER but I didn't know what to tell them.  They would have thought I was crazy if I said I was having contractions.  I finally went to the doctor on Tuesday and all he could think of was that I have a small hernia that needs repaired.  He didn't know.  I think I was having contractions.
Hi Texas09.  I will be 45 next month and have been going through what I think is premenoupause.  So, I am not at the stage where you are now.  But, I hope that maybe I can help you in this way, nonetheless.  

My mom completed perimenopuse and entered into menopause at the age of 43.  I remeber her telling me a year or so later, after no longer having periods, that she would get these feelings of "contractions" during the time she would have been due to having a period.  She never went to the doctor for it.  Now, she is 69 yrs. old and from time to time will still feel the contractions as if she was going to start her period, but doesn't of course.

I hope this helps.

Have a blessed day.