Menopause Community
Could extended breastfeeding cause peri menopause?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could extended breastfeeding cause peri menopause?

This has happened twice. I nursed for over a year and didn't get my period back until after weaning. After I weaned I felt horrible symptoms including, hypoglycemia, high anxiety, dizziness, hot flashes, fatigue, itchiness, dryness, blurry vision, etc. This is the second time this has happened. I'm feeling horrible. I'm on oral birth control to try and put me back to normal. Anyone have any experience with this?
-thanks
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Some women don't get their cycles back until after they stop breastfeeding. It can still take a few months for your system to balance itself especially since your body hasn't had a cycle in close to 2 years. If you are concerned about these symptoms, talk with your doctor.
Blank
I am talking with him. He's the one that put me on birth control. This time around it's been almost three years without a period. I've only been on the BC for two months, but I'm still absolutely miserable.
Blank
I'm sorry you've been miserable and it's hard when you're waiting to feel better. Hopefully you see you doctor again soon. He can run blood work to make sure nothing else is going on. Hormone imbalances can be the culprit and even imbalances with your thyroid which can be easily treated with medication. Hope you feel better soon!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...