Menopause Community
DOES IT EVER END?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

DOES IT EVER END?!

I have been going through menopause for over 15 years... hot - Ican'tbreathe- flashes, night sweats, the works~  Does it EVER end?  I haven't felt clean since it all started!  As soon as I am out of the shower and all nice and clean BAM here comes a hot flash!  I go to sleep and am woken up numerous times with hot flashes.  It wouldn't be so bad to have them for a while, but geez! this is long enough!!!
Wow, 15 years is rough!

From have I have gathered the worst is usually over after a few years, at least as far as the hot flashes and night sweats are concerned. But it varies from woman to woman. My sister is 63 and had been dealing with the same stuff for 12 years. When she asked her gyn how long it could last, she said “maybe the rest of your life”.

Blaaah!

Have you tried taking anything for relief? I use a product called Wisdom Menopause Formula that I started back in January after coming off of HRT, and it has worked wonders. My sister takes it too, and she can’t stop raving about it.

Last summer was unbearable. The hot flashes and night sweats were driving me batty! I couldn't sleep for ANYTHING, and I finally got so exhausted that I was missing work. My gyn started me on Premarin in August, and it really did help with the hot flashes, but it gave me physical side effects that were so bad that I only lasted four months. When I quit in December, the hot flashes and night sweats came back, and that’s when I started taking the Wisdom.

Now that summer’s almost here I’m a little worried about how I’m going to react to the heat. The product has been good so far, but it seems like the heat makes everything SO much worse. The last thing I want is a repeat of the hell I went through last year.

Keep your cool!

Lisa