Does your actual body temp go up while experiencing a hot flash?
Hi, I have a complete hysterectomy on Oct. 26th. I was immediately in forced surgical menopause after surgery and ever since, I have experienced very severe symptoms such as dryness everywhere, hot flashes nonstop, waking up in the middle of the night with sweats, heart pounding, thin skin, generally feeling miserable. I just had the flu and combined with the forced surgical menopause, it has been a rough recovery.

Anyway, I am wondering if you can literally see with the thermometer that you are involved in a hot flash?

I have noticed my temperature does rise for sure, then goes down when it's over.

For example, I took my temp before a hot flash and it was 98.7... THEN I experienced a hot flash about an horu later and grabbed the thermometer... my temp was 100.1! I waited for the hot flash to go away, took my temp 10 minutes later and it was like 99.

Is this what happens for sure?