Endometrial Ablation and Menopause
I am 40 years old now but 3 years ago I had an endo ablation because I was having severe pain and erratic bleeding with my periods.  Since then I have not had a period and it has been a heaven sent - no period = no pain. Before the ablation I was having severe hot flashes at random times, night sweats, insomnia, headaches, low labido and mood swings.  I was beginning to suspect that I was entering an early menopause.  But since the ablation, those symptoms have disappeared except the night sweats and insomnia - these are much more milder though.  With the already lack of a menstrual cycle, how would I know when I hit menopause?
You'll probably still have the hot flashes.  They are pretty distinctive, and come from cessation of ovarian function, not from the uterus.
Hi ! I too had endometrial ablation in Dec. I am much older than you but asked my dr that same question. She does a FSH test, which tells if you are in menopause.
I have it done yearly-I do not know how accurate the test is, but I am not in menopause yet.
Good luck to you.
Thanks for the replies!  I know I probably still have a ways to go yet before I hit menopause but I was just curious how I would even know seeing since I don't have periods anymore.  Before the ablation I ask my GYN if there were any tests to determine this and he said no.  But now I know that there such a test available.  
I had a cervical ablation and I in full blown menopause and now I am bleeding
a lot with back pain and cramps