Aa
A
A
Close
467797 tn?1216214857
Endometrial Ablation and Menopause
I am 40 years old now but 3 years ago I had an endo ablation because I was having severe pain and erratic bleeding with my periods.  Since then I have not had a period and it has been a heaven sent - no period = no pain. Before the ablation I was having severe hot flashes at random times, night sweats, insomnia, headaches, low labido and mood swings.  I was beginning to suspect that I was entering an early menopause.  But since the ablation, those symptoms have disappeared except the night sweats and insomnia - these are much more milder though.  With the already lack of a menstrual cycle, how would I know when I hit menopause?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
You'll probably still have the hot flashes.  They are pretty distinctive, and come from cessation of ovarian function, not from the uterus.
Comment
Cancel
134578 tn?1463413330
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi ! I too had endometrial ablation in Dec. I am much older than you but asked my dr that same question. She does a FSH test, which tells if you are in menopause.
I have it done yearly-I do not know how accurate the test is, but I am not in menopause yet.
Good luck to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
467797 tn?1216214857
Thanks for the replies!  I know I probably still have a ways to go yet before I hit menopause but I was just curious how I would even know seeing since I don't have periods anymore.  Before the ablation I ask my GYN if there were any tests to determine this and he said no.  But now I know that there such a test available.  
Comment
Cancel
467797 tn?1216214857
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had a cervical ablation and I in full blown menopause and now I am bleeding
a lot with back pain and cramps
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
467797 tn?1216214857
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources