Aa
A
A
Close
Endometrial Hyperplasia
Hello,

I am 50 years-old, over-weight, post menopausal (FSH 43) and have experienced three months of break through bleeding.  Recently I had an endometrial biopsy have a transvaginal ultrasound indicated an endometrial thickness of 6mm.  Besides the biopsy being very, very painful, the results show that I have endometrial hyperplasia without atypia.

There is a history of colo-rectal cancer (three generations paternally), my mother died last year of renal & lung cancer and both she and my grandmother had hysterectomies before they were 40.

My personal decision (I am a nurse) is to have a hysterectomy.  I believe that my predisposition puts me at higher risk for conversion and I do not wish to go through the provera, D & C repeat procedure.

Am I making a sound decision?

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
263988 tn?1281957896
Not necessarily. I would go through the Provera treatment for the specified rounds of it, I believe three. Then I would make sure you have no underlying conditions. Something I recently learned is that Sleep Apnea causes menstrual irregularities in 43% of women. Also hypothyroidism can cause hyperplasia too as it causes anovulation. I know about both of these, because I have both of them and have done extensive research as to the causes of postmenopausal bleeding.

I too have minimal hyperplasia and the not-so-wonderful endo biopsy. I can relate.

I used to be a nurse too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank