Menopause Expert Forum
Endometrial Stripe Measurement
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Endometrial Stripe Measurement

I have always been regular with my period. It began when i was age 11, and I will be 50 next month. I assume I have been going through peri-menopause for a few years now since my period gets irregular every so often. Sometimes I would get my period twice in a month, or sometimes it would skip a month.. But basically it was still regular. I might add that my periods have always been long, 7 days, and heavy, especially on my fourth day when I would pass many clots.

Just this past summer, I missed 2 months.. Then this November 11th I got my period that lasted a little over a month. It stopped for 2 weeks and came back with a vengeance.. Heavy with much clotting.My doctor ordered a sonogram. The results came in and now I need a biopsy which is scheduled for Jan. 8th.

The results of the sono were as follows. : The uterus measures 10.6 cm in length and 6.73 cm by endovaginal examination. Endometrial Stripe measurement is 3.7 cm, which is prominent, and this finding requires further examination. No myometrial abnormality is identified. Left ovary is larger, measuring 3.4 x 3.0 x 1.6 cm, and contains a mildly irregular 1.8 x 1.4 x 1.0 cm hypoechoic cyst. No free fluid is demonstrated within the pelvis.

A little background. I have 5 children, had 4 miscarriages. I took progesterone suppositories with 4 of my pregnancies. Not sure if there is any relation to the thickening of the endometrial lining.

Needless to say i am a nervous wreck thinking of the possibility that I may have cancer..