Menopause Expert Forum
Endometrial biopsy results and final questions for Dr.

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

I received the results of the biopsy and sonogram.  Sonogram revealed normal uterus size with the endometrial echo measuring 2-3mm in thickness. Normal ovaries.  The biopsy reveals findings consistent with microglandular hyperplasia and very small fragments of inactive, atrophic endometrium.  My GYN wants to schedule a D&C and hystoscopy but my endocrinologist wants to maybe cut back on the estrogen.  Would it be smart to hold off on the D&C for a few months just to see if the cutting back on the estrogen helps?  The GYN nurse stated that everything looked ok but they still wanted to do the D&C just to look around and clean it out.  Can I possibly hold off on this procedure for awhile without any repurcussions?  I really don't want any kind of surgery right now because I just had my gallbladder taken out in Dec and I was really wanting to have a colonoscopy done (1st one ever done on me)for preventive measures.  Please advise on this last question for the forum for awhile.  If you think this is an emergency and should be done immediately then I guess I'l take your advice.
Thanks so much!
A. It is important to explain that advice over the internet without knowing everything about you isn